Wednesday, May 02, 2007
"Athens, here we come! Liverpool" @ 9:05 PM
We're off to Athens! Our second final in three years.. and our 6th-to-be CL trophy. We can do this, Liverpool. Bring on Man Utd, bring on AC Milan! One thing's for sure, we'll beat you.

Today's morning was quite a roller-coaster ride. It started off with Liverpool threatening the Chelsea defence with every ounce of energy; like there was no tomorrow. Gerrard; Riise.. all missed, until the free-kick conceded by Joe Cole. And Gerrard did a quick pass.. and with a magnificent touch, wham! Agger just nicely curls the ball into the left corner. He must be having a time of his life, lol!

The game gets more tense as throughout the first half, Chelsea tried to fight back. A shot from Drogba but Reina blocked it. Wonderful. Oh, I forgot to mention that the Kop are seriously doing great. The Liverpool supporters, I mean. Cheering, and cheering, and cheering. You can just feel the adrenaline rush when you hear them scream. You'll never walk alone cheer, wow! Spectacular.

Come second half, both teams upped their levels. Liverpool and Chelsea went trying shot after shot. Kuyt was so unlucky to have a shot bounced off the bar, whereas Pennant got his shot blocked by Geremi. Damnit. During this time, I bite my nails in fear. In fear that Chelsea might just bounce back a late goal. A few breathers here and there, thanks to Carra. And so, finally the game ended in a stalemate, proceeding on to extra time. With this in mind, I definitely want the game to go to penalty shootout. I, for one, know that Liverpool are great at penalties. However, Kuyt looks to have finished the job but only to have it deemed offside by the damn linesman! Cheese pie linesman, that is onside la dey. Then Fowler came on; the moment he came in I knew he would be used in the penalty.
Anyway, off to penalties. I was feeling nervouse even though I'm very confident Reina can do it. Zenden headed home first while Robben missed. Then Alonso puts it next but Lampard cleared it off too. Gerrard, as usual, shoots the ball with ease. And then, Geremi was blocked by the magnificent Reina again. Wow! And lastly, Kuyt. The man to finish the job. He badly wanted to put the ball behind Cech, and yes he did! And we won Chelsea again in another semi-final! The whole Anfield was bursting with joy when they saw the last Kuyt penalty. We proved again that we can prevail against the toughest opponents, and to Jose that we, the 'little' club he claimed us to be, had won the 'better' team fair and square. In your face, moaninghole, uh I mean mourinho.

And afterthat, I can't quite sleep, it took some time. But I still slept happily, knowing very well that I can taunt faizil and weili later today. Ahaha!