Tuesday, September 26, 2006
"Singapore Idol 2 Final - My Verdict" @ 10:58 PM
So during the SGI2 Results Show yesterday, the results were announced. Among Hady and Jonathan, it seemed that... *drum rolls* Hady has emerged victorious! haha, congrats Hady. He was my last hope, for if he was out before the finals I would never wanna see SGI2 again. Well, I put in 15 votes for him but I've heard others who put in 50 votes & more!
Anyway, two days ago, there was the SGI2 Final. It was held at the ol' National Stadium. It was the biggest event ever for those two contestants remaining; Hady and Jonathan. As the show started they were introduced onstage and there they go, singing 3 songs each. Due to the coin-flip, Jon gets to go first. Oh, and you only hear good comments from the judges because they aren't allowed to say the bad comments. Get it?
Jonathan: Chasing Cars
The song opener for Jonathan. He started this with a bang, like as if he was meant to sing these type of songs. The song goes pretty well with his voice, and IMO he captured me. Captured as in I was engrossed in his singing and enjoying all the way! 3.5/5
Jonathan: You Give Me Wings
This's Jon's second song. This is the song that would be the singapore idol's single. So Jon and Hady were given a shot at singing it. Jon's rendition wasn't good. This is probably his weakest song throughout the three. He couldn't control his echoes well, and thus he flopped. 2/5
Jonathan: Should I Stay
This was my most favourite among his songs! This is actually the opening song for Chemistry, my all-time favourite show on Channel 5 featuring Rui En! With his voice, he did his rock-ish rendition, which turned out even better! He was as inspirational as with his first song, its like hearing it off an actual album. 4/5
Hady: Freedom
Seeing Jon's wonderful 'Chasing Cars' rendition, Hady probably got fired up too and sang Freedom. This was brought out nicely by his strong voice. But somehow something was quite lacking. As I watched, I thought I felt.. he couldn't connect with me that well. Dunno if its me or not (hey, I'm on his side btw!), but yahh. I felt it that way. But still, his vocals are superb. 4/5
Hady: Through The Fire
Hady's second song. Still going strong, Hady sang his own rendition of this song. However, like before, the inspiration level isn't that well expected. IMO this was his weakest song despite his powerful vocals for this song. I dunno how to say, but its like as if he was trying too hard. Even Ken noticed this and warned him to be more inspirational for his last. 3.5/5
Hady: You Give Me Wings
As a last resort, but clever choice, Hady placed You Give Me Wings as his wild card. He probably knew he should end his moment with the best. And thats where he really gave his all. He came out, all prepared. And he sang a totally different rendition from Jon. His one was sooooo touching, he probably gave me wings at that point! His echoes, vocals.. they were perfect. Marvellous! 5/5
And that ends the Singapore Idol 2 Final. Gurmit and Daniel took their time to end the show by reminding us of the Hype Concert and what we can expect for the Results Show. ENERGY, Tanya Chua, Elektriko and of cos.. Taufik Batisah! The former Singapore Idol. I'll update the results show tomorrow.