Saturday, September 09, 2006
"EEO Funk Camp" @ 11:23 PM
EEO Funk Camp.

I had it on Thursday, 6pm onwards until today, which ended at 3pm. It was truly a very interesting camp.. I met MANY new friends, especially those whom I've never met before. EEEEE! Miz you all.

Day 1: The Beginning
So basically what happened? On the first day, I intentionally reached the school early.. and met Serene on the way! What a moral booster for a start of the camp, so I've decided to use stones and write her name at the Mushroom bench there. Waited for baka rangers to appear and we all headed for the camp late.. only to find Gerard entertaining the campers there. Then FINALLY the camp officially starts, with the main comm being introduced individually, and all of us were separated into 3 different groups.

So, being the me I know, I tried introducing myself to everybody in the group as names were being called up. And so did the rest, haha. I could remember a few such as 'Hungry'-ta and Nina. Knew the rest thru the ice breaking games. For a start, definitely not the best, but at least its okay. And we came out with a group name: EEEEE. Why EEEEE? Cos the group name MUST start with an E, so why not EEEEE? haha.

Played and played until we're told to come downstairs and have MASS ice breaking. We're playing the 'arms' game where we must form a circle from a group of people holding different hands altogether. We got 2nd, but stil we did good. And so the last grp did a forfeit *Hint: Kumar/Ridhwan/Ilias's grp* hahaha. The kiss-the-body-part game. Aiya, they pick the safe-safe spots so not really THAT fun :P But its still funny! hahaha. Got to know my team better thru supper; in fact quite a number of groupmates watch soccer.. woo. Hady, Leslie.. YJ, we all talked la. Seeing the team wasn't that bonded yet, I went over to the girls side to interact too.

At night, we hanged out for late supper as a whole grp (with exception to Shida who slept early, so she didn't came along) with some members from Night X. Went to the middle prata stall and I ate mee goreng. Unfortunately it isn't nice.. so, I donated the rest of my food to Ilias. haha. We interacted for quite long, with Jackson telling his stories! =P Then afterthat we hit back sch and played UNO with YJ, Jackson, Nina, and Jacintha.. it lasted 1+ hour just to finish 2 games. Becos of YJ and Jac. la, keep having suay hands! =P Tiffany joined later but left soon after *hint!!! =P* Ending at 4.30AM, we slept. And what a wonderful day it was, having me to rest for 2 hours.

Day 2: Sleepy Onslaught
Hence the name becos I slept for 2 hours. I feel like a walking zombie and sooo need to bathe early, in which I had to walk allll the way from the furthest side of Engine blk to the Sports hall. 2 bus stop distance. And so, after bathing, the rest of us gathered at our room to play some group games. Later, headed down for breakfast. Thats when we learnt a new cheer, (I suggested! =P), aka Chek Go Fifa! I taught the first part but its missing something. And so me and Long cracked our brains as Gay entertained us on the stage. And yet I had to do the 'yoyo wazzzup' thingy to my grp. Bleh! And finally after that Long got it; EEEEE wassup wassup wassup x3, boom. bang. Thats it! We got our 2nd cheer. And I had to lead my team to do it.. argh! >< And not long after was the mass dance! Woot. Terence, v. president for TPSU, taught us.. But funny, there were few different steps. It was the first time I felt so tired doing it.. we repeated it like soooo many times! Two hours non-stop. And finally its lunch time.. me, haidhir and ilias headed for the mosque.

After coming back, I quickly got changed back to me preferred shorts and asked Bao Fa for my EEEEEs. I found them.. far away, with Gerard leading me to where they are. They were so far! And when I reached there... LONG PUT TIGERBALM ON MY FACE! Or sticky colgate, whatever. haha. I didn't get to do much becos they're pretty much ending.. finally we met Bao Fa for the final 'quest.' I didn't know the name for Engineering was ENG. ENG = Engineering... huh?? haha nvm. Sooo we headed back to the LT to relax. Turned out Gerard was the oracle?! Okay. Then moving on... Gaysha's had to do their forfeit becos they were damn slow at returning back to the LTs. I have part of their forfeit in my hp. Woot

And later we headed to the area behind the swimming pool to play... CAPTAINS BALL! Well there's a catch; its 4-way captain's ball. All three teams will be playing together along with the main comm. The role of the main comm is to just disrupt the playing, catching the ball and stuff; and boy was it fun. I was probably around the whole field chasing the balls, not to mention sliding peeps. hahaha. I got some of the balls but I only managed to score 1 sticking goal -_-; But nevetherless it was still fun.. AND SWEATY LIKE HELL!

I can't remember much, but I remember we headed back to the classroom afterthat to discuss abt our performance. And that's also when we learnt another cheer from Jackson; the irritating cheer! haha, my favourite new cheer. Its so fun that we kept repeating it over and over again, entering classes and disturbing ppl, haha. Anyways discussing wasn't easy; we already decided on three things; a football ad (Jose 10), Visa Black card ad, and the chicken rice scene. We havent worked on it at all so we're like rushing thru the play. Luckily I managed to found out abit of info for the Jose 10 ad (I suggested it in the first place -_-) but we twisted abit since i dunno some of the players numbers. We got Ji dan (Zidane), Van Pussy (Van Persie), Oliver KNN (Kahn), Mutton (random character LOL), Lampar (Lampard), Horny (Henry), and Crotch (Crouch.) So we designed the 'jerseys' quickly. I tried to get everybody to have a part in it, so as not to leave out anybody. In my opinion, everybody plays a part. Jackson took over Long for a while as he was busy. Unfortunately he had to leave early for some Westlife concert in e stadium! bah.. AND YOU DIDN'T EAT YOUR BOX OF DINNER! haha. He wished us the best of luck; we were all set. I was so determined to nick it (although the slight cock ups here and there; haha.)

Performance night has arrived. And gues what? Sahfari, Wak, Cannon was there! It really brings back memories having them back. Its like as if its gonna be the best performance night ever no matter what, haha. We changed locations due to the bad weather from the amphitheatre to the area outside the TCC. It was abit dark but nice; we had LOTS of lightsticks of different colours. Fifty per team, if im not wrong. First up was Gay-sha (Geisha), with Haidhir becoming the Geisha himself/herself.. LOLz! He looks like a serial killer as he smiled throughout the performance, haha. And then there was this 'E-bay in different languages' game, in which I thought was quite interesting. Participants chosen by e groups will have to 'sell' the item thru their languages appointed to them. It was rather funny.. Wak's one was the best. I placed the last bid; $10k for the single teddy bear. WAHAHAHA XD

Next up was us. Finally, I knew we'd go second. I told myself to just give it all, but my heart's beating even faster! Bwahaha. Thoughts from past camps (in which I screwed up the roles in the performance nite) keep flowing thru, but I knew I will nick it this time. In which, I did! The Jose 10 didn't go well as expected, but it was rather good. The Visa ad was better, it got the attention of the crowd.. and the last 1; I dare not know what comments the 'judges' wrote on the paper plates >< And of cos, ending the show with a cheer. I shouted the loudest I could ever shout. Woot, it was so nice. EEEEE roxxx no matter what.

Then pops another game; Cannon and Sahfari leads as they selected guys to follow what they say. Y'know, Simon says thingie. But there's a catch; you need to listen properly to what they say. If there's no 'Cannon/Sahfari says' in their speech, better not follow, or you'll lose. In fact, no one lost except Bao Fa. haha =P Wak had to leave halfway.. well I understand, since the following day he has NS! haha =P Botak time for him. But I miss him.. he roxxx man. Then girls were selected for the next game; dancing game, duh. Ain was selected from our grp.. and she stood throughout the whole thing, standing straight! hm.. she's stunned or sumthin? haha. And the 3rd group, Night X gets to perform. They did what I actually intended my grp to do for the performance; Singapore Idol. It was funny! All the lousy singers got thrown at with the lightsticks... haha. Judges included for lousy comments! XP But the last one, (I forgot whats her name), sang very well.. until she forgot her lines. And the lightsticks came flying to her once more. hahaha. But she captured our hearts in the end... it was nice, really. In the end, jam and hop; but on slippery water?! I did some slides on the floor; kinda fun! But I went back early for quick supper at Breadboard with Leslie and YJ, bathed and went to slp. The best slp ever.

Day 3: Our Memories...
Guess what?! I slept for 6 hours! WOOT. Never have I slept so long in a camp. When I woke up the feeling was quite great even though it didn't last long. (Still sleepy =P) And of cos, the usual thing; going to bathe alllll the way to sports complex. Upon returning I get Leslie, YJ and a few more to play number game with me. haha. Jackson returned and joined us.. but asked us to eat breakfast instead. And guess whats for breakfast?! NASI LEMAK! WOOOOO. Not just any nasi lemak, but a very nice one. I lub the sambal. Before they were served we told many2 jokes. Some that were lame, some that were stupid, some that have been heard before.. haha. And so afterthat, its time to eat! I wished I could have another packet but nahh, it's quite embarrassing. And so all of the EEEEEs hanged out later to have a small group discussion.

That was when we revised our group cheers. Cheers were scattered out so that at least one person can lead a cheer. Upon revising Jackson thought us ANOTHER cheer; the Titanic cheer. Well we only knew it from 'Oh it was sad' onwards =P. It was fun that we kept singing it over and over.. along with the irritating cheer. haha, and everybody was just looking at us, thinking that we're probably nuts. YEAAAA! And then it was back to the LTs where we were told that the night before, AS students actually came over to the Engineering sch and screamed for nuts. At 4AM. Luckily I didn't heard them cheering, I slept in peace. And so we all wanted 'revenge' the kind way; by singing the Titanic song as we walked past by! haha. Unfortunately we didn't in the end because we didn't saw any AS students, but all of us enjoyed singing that Titanic song probably until even the cows came home.

And then it was time for water games! My favourite part. Becos overall we're 2nd throughout the camp, we're given 220 bombs, whereas Night X being the champions got 400 bombs and the 2nd runner up Gayshas got 180 bombs. And so we got things started; by playing Dog & Bone. What a great game.. like captains ball, there's a similar catch; its 3-way dog & bone. All three teams battle it out to get the water bombs in the middle. I enjoyed it very much; I managed to block a few in which I got the bombs for the team. Woopee. But I did screw up once, but so what; its just a game afterall!

The next game was some weird game I didn't understand much. We're told to be blindfolded.. well most of us. There are a few who will be throwing waterbombs into the buckets of those blindfolded and holding the buckets. I did not get the purpose of the game but it was okay. I almost got left out for pretending to NOT cheat =P haha. Well not really left out lar, just shoved aside only. But I still got to play, of course. Jackson and Ain were left at the backline to tie up as many water bombs as possible.

And theeeennn, comes the BEST PART of the day; an obstacle course that u'd never want to play. The first part was then we had to spin 15 times around a cone (10 for girls), followed by crawling under some net, sliding across a wet path, and rolling across a matt of flour. And finally followed by finishing it off towards the finish line by using only 2 chairs (while standing on one.) And this is where the water bombs tied by Ain and Jackson come in. Night X was first, being the champions of the camp, so they get to taste that obstacle course first. Since Ilias and Ridhwan were amongst the grp, I had my chance to throw. Ridhwan was dashing like a mad man across the course.. but I had my chance.. AND BLAM! There goes his butt; full of water. haha. Ilias was several turns later and I did the same! Unfortunately for some, some got dizzy spinning and stopped there, haha. I splashed many with my water bomb.

Next up was us, and I was overjoyed yet abit scared. Why scared? Becos I had to go first la! No one wanted to go first, and they all wanted me to go first so... haizz, no choice. >< Then as our group was set to go, I started spinning. Towards the 8th spin I'm starting to get dizzy. But no, I have to move on asap! I duno it this last game has a time limit or not, so I pratically chionged all the way. YEAAAAA. 15 times, and off to crawling under the net. But no, I slided inside first and crawled inside... haha. And there goes the rain of waterbombs. Now I know how those people from Night X who got shot by waterbombs feel.

More updates to come, stay tuned


Profile
my name's farhan.
celebrating 20 candles,
undergoing singlehood,
Temasek Poly graduate,
and who might you be?

Playlist
Troy & Gabriella: Can I Have This Dance?
OST High School Musical 3: Senior Year
Year: 2008



Tagboard


Affiliates
Amelia
Amir
Azizan
Esther
Faizal
Farah
Farahyn
Farhan
Gummie
Haikal
Ilias
Kennedy
Khairul
Lay Queen
Lek Jin
Leonard
Marianne
Melissa
Nadiah
Nuraini
Royston
Sandy
Sara
Sarah
Sharifah
Shazalyn
Si Shan
Syakila
Wei Leong
Wei Li
Xiu Hui
Yexiang
Zul
Zun Bin
Treasure Box
TP Eng
Eng Forum


Archives
November 2005
December 2005
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009

Credits
Designer: doughnutcrazy
Image: oktyabr
Textures: kiho-chan
Brushes: funeralmonster